- You will have to buy a cheap yacht corresponding to your today's needs, not future dreams. Sometimes our desires and reality are so far away… There is no need to buy a big catamaran if you have no time for long sea voyages. If you want a "weekend boat", take a smaller cheap yacht, without amazing driving characteristics, but more affordable in price.
- Pay attention to your real demands. Beautiful and spacious catamarans capture your imagination, but most of them are not fast and dynamic. If you want to cross the ocean, or cover over 1000 miles a year, choose a compact sport yacht instead.
- Very often people buy yachts without checking them in a strong breeze. However, it is possible to evaluate the performance of the yacht equipment only in realistic sea conditions. Take a charter cat of the same brand that you are going to buy and spend some time in the open sea – this will allow you to check navigation qualities of the expensive or cheap yacht, sometimes the price is not so decisive.
- Buying a catamaran, carefully calculate the possibilities of its load.
- If you navigate no more than 4-5 weeks in a year, consider the possibility of passing it to a charter companies that typically have several options to get your boat work off the money spent on its purchase.
Remember: a good vessel always costs a lot. If you are looking for a cheap yacht, choose an appropriate model first and then search for affordable offers.